Monday, July 26, 2010

I need a GREAT Chicken Wing Recipe, for the Superbowl...?

Please help, we're 5 hours away from the Super Bowl and I need a great Chicken Wing Recipe. I have about 2 pounds of drumettes ready to go!!I need a GREAT Chicken Wing Recipe, for the Superbowl...?
Dark 'n Delicious Wing Sauce





Serves: 1 Servings





Ingredients:


25 Chicken wings


1 c Honey


4 tb Soy sauce


1 ts Hoisin sauce


1 c Water


1 tb Molasses


2 Garlic cloves, minced


2 ts Lemon juice


2 tb Cornstarch





Instructions:


Mix soy and hoisin in a saucepan at medium-high heat. Stir in other


ingredients, cornstarch slurry last. Bring to a soft boil for 2 minutes,


stirring constantly as sauce thickens. Reduce heat, continue stirring and


adjust to taste. Put aside to cool.





Wings: Rinse with water and trim off tips. In batchs, brown wings on very


high heat in vegetable oil. Place wings in a casserole dish and cook at 375


for 1 1/2 hours. Toss them once or twice and pour some sauce over them


after 30 minutes. Prepare a large finger-bowl and eat.I need a GREAT Chicken Wing Recipe, for the Superbowl...?
my husband uses teriyaki sauce and he just brushes it over the wings, then bakes them.. mmmmmmm
Partially deep fry those drummies. Melt a stick of butter in a pan with 1/3+ cup of your favorite hot sauce (I use Louisiana), and stir in a packet of Good Seasonings Italian dressing powder until well combined. Toss the drummies with that, lay them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F until they're sizzling and done, about half an hour.
Season liberally with seasoned salt and garlic powder, bake at 400F. for one hour, turning 1/2 wat for even crispness.


For the sauce use Frank's Red Hot, melted butter, lots of garlic and a bit of yellow mustard. Coat the wings and keep warm in a slow cooker.


YUMMY!
I checked allrecipe.com (my favorite site), and found this. It looks pretty simple, and I'm guessing they got the recipe from a variation of the Hooters wings. But if you choose to use it, start now. You need to flour it and let it sit for 90 minutes. Hope it works for you.
mix flour, red pepper and paprika together. dredge wings and Fry





While wings are frying





in a saucepan add a stick of butter, 1/2 cup FRANKS Hot Sauce (has to be Franks brand) tsp of garlic powder, and black pepper, cook over medium heat until butter is melted.





Pour sauce into either a large bowl with a good fitting lid or into a large ziploc. Add fried wings and shake well.





Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.





for spicier add more franks, for milder add less...this is the basic recipe for Hooters Wings.
Chicken Wings





We're all about easy! I buy the best sauce I can find for the flavor I want (terriaki, BBQ, etc., today I also added some Frank's hot sauce to spice them up), then put the wings and the sauce in the crock pot until done (about 4-6 hours). If they're done sooner, I turn the crockpot to 'warm' and let them simmer. Yum!
Make them with with Franks Red Hott sauce mixed with a little bit of marguarine. Trust me, they taste absolutley great!
My mom always makes the sauce with tabsco sauce and butter. Use real butter, not margarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment