Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How much chicken breast would equal a whole chicken for a recipe I have?

I have a recipe I'm making tonight that calls for a whole chicken cut into pieces. (It's a smothered chicken recipe!) But I only have a bag of tyson chicken tenderloins. How much chicken should I use??How much chicken breast would equal a whole chicken for a recipe I have?
your average whole chicken is about 3-4lbs witht he bony structure so use 2-3lbs of tenderloin. Also your cooking time probably accounts for bone in chicken. Boneless chicken doesn't take as long to cook.How much chicken breast would equal a whole chicken for a recipe I have?
About 4 cups. I get roasted chickens from the store, dice them up, put it into ziplock bags, and keep it in the refrigerator for burritos and stuff. And, I usually get about 4 cups of cooked, diced meat per chicken.
Probably 2 or 3 pounds cause you have to take into account they dont have bones. So if you have a 6 pound bag then just do half the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment